Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Chapel of Agia Varvara
Print this page
Chapel of Agia Varvara

The chapel dedicated to Agia Varvara was built sometime between 1940 and 1950, and since then it has undergone several repairs. The chapel is located near the primary school and the semi-demolished Tower, known as the Tower of the Franks.

The chapel was built by Michalis Kyriakou “Avramis”, farmer and shepherd, so as to ask Agia Varvara to protect his sheep which were getting sick and then died. 

Sources:

Georgios M. Manoloudes, “Akaki – History and Tradition”, April 2001
Georgios M. Manoloudes, “AKAKI, ENLIGHTENING THE PAST”, Nicosia 2013

 
 
WEATHER
 
 
 
CALENDAR
 
 August 2018 
MTWTFSS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031 
 
CONTACT US
 
Community Council of Akaki
2720 Akaki
Arch, Makariou C΄ 55
Tel.: 22822351
Fax: 22824523
 
 
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc